The Degree in International Physiotherapy at the School of New Interactive Technologies (ENTI-UB) and the School of Health and Sport (EUSES-UdG) offers 100% of its studies in English. Below we present five reasons why studying in English is an excellent idea.
1) It is the most important language in the world: Across the globe 360 million people speak English as their first language and a further 500 million speak it as a second language. It is the official language of business, travel and international relations. Being a relatively easy language to learn – in comparison with Chinese, for example – has made it the world’s lingua franca. If you add to this a knowledge of Spanish – the second most widely spoken language in the world, with more than 400 million speakers – you can increase your possibilities of professional communication considerably.
2) Professional opportunities: Armed with a good level of English, your employment prospects extend all over the world. Mastering the language will open doors to international practice and you will be able to apply the knowledge you acquire on the Degree in International Physiotherapy in other countries, thereby boosting your career.
3) The language of most academic and scientific articles: In the field of medicine and health, training never ends. Professionals must stay up-to-date with all the latest practices and scientific advances in order to offer excellent service. However, practically all academic journals are published in English (up to 96%), so mastering this language is essential if you hope to keep up with the latest information.
4) Train your brain: Learning a language is not only about communicating with other people. Every time you try to learn a language you are exercising your brain, as studying new grammar and complex vocabulary encourages your brain cells to be more active, improving your memory.
5) Experience new cultures: A new language helps you to understand other people and cultures and see the world through different eyes. It gives you a higher tolerance for new experiences and makes you more prepared to deal with unexpected changes.