The Degree in International Physiotherapy from the School of New Interactive Technologies (Escola de Noves Tecnologies Interactives – ENTI-UB) and from the School of Health and Sport (Escola de la Salut i l’Esport – EUSES-UdG) provides you with a sound education, specialising in the assessment, diagnosis, design and development of treatments in the field of physiotherapy. In addition, with the double value of studying entirely in English, a language that expands your professional horizons, and applying the new e-health and health 2.0 technologies in this field. The combination of all these factors, together with the prominence of the practical part, will allow you to exercise the profession of physiotherapist successfully in any of these professional areas:
- Scientific research. In this area, the graduates in International Physiotherapy will develop their skills in the field of technological application in the field of physiotherapy; creating new assessment tools; applying new technological advances in this sector and even working on the creation of new technological applications such as: mobile apps, I.T. software or three-dimensional modelling.
- The field of teaching. Especially recommended if you have a true vocation for the world of education. During this Degree you will have as an example a top-level teaching staff, coming from prestigious international universities, with a lengthy careers and extensive pedagogical skills. At the hands of these expert teachers you will, without a doubt, acquire a more global vision of physiotherapy, from the perspective of different countries all over the world. Thanks to their background and international experience, you will learn about the best teaching methods employed across Europe and internationally. You will therefore have a wide range of know-how at your disposal to make your lessons more interesting and complete.
- The medical sector and health field. As a general physiotherapist you will be able to work in various branches of medicine. In particular, you will be able to contribute your knowledge and experience to areas such as: orthopaedics, focusing on sports injuries; paediatrics; cardiac and respiratory conditions; ergonomics; neurology; urogynaecology and rheumatology, among others.
- Sport and rehabilitation area. This is one of the up-and-coming routes that many practitioners of physiotherapy are currently choosing after completing their studies. The possibility of combining sports with the professional practice of physiotherapy is very appealing, since it gives them the opportunity to work in gyms, clubs, and associations, and with elite teams or athletes. Indeed, there are different combinations of university studies in physiotherapy with other degrees such as the physical activity and sport, in the form of a joint degree. In this regard, it is worth highlighting the joint degree in SPAS + Physiotherapy from EUSES–UdG, University of Health and Sport, a centre with which we at the Campus of the University of Barcelona have established many synergies.
- Managing your own physiotherapy and health centre. Another job opportunity undergoing significant growth is related to running your own health or rehabilitation centre, a field that combines the world of health with business management. The professionals in this sector are in charge of managing their own equipment, as well as organising human resources, daily contact with patients, issues related to occupational health and safety, etc. In this context, it should be noted that if you prefer, you can join multidisciplinary teams, i.e. by working for clinics, primary health care centres, hospitals or insurance companies, developing management tasks.
Prepare for your professional future successfully by studying the Degree in International Physiotherapy at the Campus of the UB.