The Degree in International Physiotherapy from the School of New Interactive Technologies (Escola de Noves Tecnologies Interactives – ENTI-UB) and the School of Health and Sport (Escola de la Salut i l’Esport – EUSES-UdG) focuses on a training that is holistic and specialised in the different aspects of physiotherapy, such as: the assessment, diagnosis, design and development of treatments, studying entirely in English. In addition, during these studies various learning methodologies are implemented in order to promote the critical spirit and communication skills of the students. Such as, for example:
- Working on projects. By employing the problem-solving system, you will learn to identify and describe the problem raised, value its intensity, and be able to determine goals or clarify the problem raised. This method has been put into practice in course subjects such as physics and biology in the first term of this Degree, during which students present various videos to show their work and discuss it in class.
- Research seminars. It has been implemented in subjects such as: Massotherapy, Application of Physical Agents and Kinesiotherapy. In these seminars the students present articles published over the last few years, concerning different techniques of physiotherapy. Therefore, they have the opportunity to learn the scientificevidence, to work in groups and to improve their communication skills and public speaking.
- Clinical cases. These are usually applied in various subjects such as physiotherapy for musculoskeletal conditions, during which the students presented 54 clinical cases in a group. The aim is to explain a problem (a clinical case) which they have to solve, as well as improving their communication skills. The technique practised is that of problem-solving. In addition, these clinical cases improve the ability of clinical reasoning, the proficiency of oral expression in English, and teamwork, as well as the ability to search for information in scientific databases.
- Workshop on exercises. This consists of explaining exercises in a group. By means of this teamwork, students present their projects and give practical demonstrations. One of the course subjects where it is implemented is Kinesiotherapy.
- Workshop on Physical Agents. Electrotherapy and phototherapy machines are used in these workshops. In addition, a work group is organised, in which a clinical case is presented that needs to be resolved by applying whatever technology and tools may be necessary. These kinds of practical exercises tend to motivate the students, because they have the opportunity to experience these devices operating at first hand.
Choose the Degree in International Physiotherapy, studies that merge technology and English learning, making it possible to implement a wide range of innovative learning methodologies.